We invest in the factory processing of agricultural products in developing countries:
- so that small-scale farmers are ensured of a reliable sales channel and a better price for their products;
- to give jobseekers from the region the chance of a job;
- to help developing countries build up their own food-processing industry;
- to offer clients a good product that can be traced back to the farmers;
- to generate a modest financial return for our investors.
We are therefore looking for partners who, like us, are value orientated and:
- consider themselves to be an equal and responsible member of the larger factory community, which consists of farmers, factory workers, buyers, suppliers, development organizations and financers;
- want to collaborate on the basis of mutual dependency;
- want to improve the lives of the weaker members in the community;
- want to minimize the damage caused to the environment and where possible help to restore the environment;
- prioritize openness and transparency.
As shareholders in the factory we make every effort to:
- realize a collective vision for the future for the factory community in which everybody shares the benefits of the joint effort;
- translate this vision for the future into concrete annual plans with measurable goals;
- realize the appointment of a Fair Factory Council, in which representatives from the factory community are invited by the factory owners to jointly approve and evaluate the values, vision for the future and annual plans.
A Fair Factory is for the entire community. Through our investment in the factory, farmers, employees and other actors in the chain can increase their income.